Monday, February 18, 2013

Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream Review

I received the Lioele Triple the Solution BB cream in the mail about a week ago. I ordered it off of prettyandcute.com (link here). It took about 3 weeks to come in. I was really curious to see what Asian BB cream were all about. Everybody was saying that they were a lot better than the American versions which are just tinted moisturizers. I personally tried the Garnier BB cream and was truly disappointed. this stuff ( in my opinion, at least) is the greasiest product you could ever put on your face. The coverage is also minimal so that didn't help me like it better. Then I bought the Too Faced Tinted Beauty Balm. Also disappointing.
After that, I stayed away from American BB creams. I really wasn't interested. But I was still wondering what the Asian ones were like. So, I did some research and found Lioele, a Korean company. I was mostly interested in their Triple the Solution BB cream, which is supposed to be similar to their Beyond the Solution BB cream, but with more coverage. This product claims to have whitening and wrinkle care properties, natural looking coverage and sun protection. It also says that it brightens and smooths the skin, moisturizes and controls oil. So basically, it promises the same things as the American ones.


But this one is so much better! I'm impressed. The coverage it gives is amazing. I wouldn't say it's full coverage, but definitely medium and buildable. It does indeed smooth the skin, leaving a natural finish. Seriously! I usually have a problem with my foundation caking up, even if I apply the smallest amount. but with this product, it just looks so natural. And it's super moisturizing! I usually skip my face moisturizer when I use it because of my oily skin. Don't want to look too shiny! It does an okay job at controlling my oil. Not great, but definitely better than some of the products I've used. Nothing a powder can't fix.
I don't know about the whitening and wrinkle care stuff, though. I haven't noticed anything special in that department. I don't have any wrinkles, so maybe that's why. And I'm pale enough as it is, so...
As for the staying power, once again, I am truly impressed. You face will stay intact for a solid 9 hour. Honestly, I can't say that much about any other foundation I own. And if you set it with a loose translucent powder like I do, it will stay in place even longer. 

This product retails for 28.60$ (on the website I bought it from), This more expensive than a drugstore foundation, but cheaper than most high-end. The tube contains 50 ml of product, which is 1.69 oz. An average bottle of foundation will only contain 1 oz. The only downside is that there is only one shade. I'm between NW15 and NW20 in MAC reference, and it matches me perfectly so if you're the same skin tone, or just a smidge lighter or darker, this might work for you. Other than that, it's a risk you're taking. After all this is marketed for Asian women (and they generally have lighter skin).

I would definitely recommend that product. Asians BB creams do not even compare to the American ones. it's definitely worth the price. The quality is outstanding, the staying power is strong and the finished look is impeccable. This is gonna be a hard one to beat!


No comments:

Post a Comment