Sunday, February 10, 2013

Olay Active Hydrating Cream Review


Today’s review is on Olay’s Active Hydrating Cream in the original formula. I bought this a couple of weeks ago when I was at Pharmaprix with one of my friends. She has actually been using it for a while, and strongly recommended it to me. She said she absolutely loved it and that it was now part of her morning skincare routine. So you know I had to get it. Olay claims that this product  will:  Replenish your skin with moisture that soothes dryness without leaving behind a greasy feel”,  “Moisturize to reveal softer, smoother and more supple skin“, “Restore natural beauty of skin” and “Help diminish appearance of fine lines and wrinkles”. That doesn’t sound impossible; I gave it a shot.
Alright, so the cream comes in a pot of 100 ml (or 3.4 oz.), which I consider a pretty decent size since you need so little of it. The packaging is simple, but pretty and feminine. Bonus! Although, I’ve got to admit that I have mixed feelings about products in pots. On one hand, I think they look very luxurious. On the other, I think they have a hygienic disadvantage compared to pumps. However, in this case, the product has to be in a pot because the consistency of it is incredibly thick, which does not necessarily mean greasy and heavy. Actually, as soon as I started rubbing it on my face, it transformed into a thin gel-like lotion that absorbed very nicely into my skin. My face immediately felt smoother and softer. Having mega oily skin, I don’t really enjoy products that leave greasy residue on my face.







 It is not overly moisturizing; my skin does feel a bit tight after applying the cream. However, the tightness goes away after a few minutes and it feels really good.  This product might be more effective in the summer, when everybody's skin is not as dry. Obviously, I would not recommend it for dry skin simply because it might not do anything for you. 
There is one thing might bother a lot of people and that is the scent. This cream has a strong floral scent. But not an appealing floral scent; it smells like your great grandmother’s perfume and baby powder. Yeah, not so great. Sure, it’s something you can get over, but it might turn off a lot of people.

Overall, this is a good cream. You might need something more intense for night time, but during the day, it work very well.


No comments:

Post a Comment