Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Sephora VIB Sale Haul.. And a Few Recommendations!




As all of you may know, last week was Sephora’s famous VIB sale, the glorious event where all VIB members can enjoy a nice 20% discount off of their entire purchase. Now, I know that this post might have been more useful to you before the sale. But regardless, let me share with you what I pick up. Some of it was purchased in stores, while other products came from the Sephora website.



·         Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette

This is probably the most hyped-up product this fall. Although these powders came out in individual compacts earlier this year, I only REALLY started to hear about these when the palette was released.  This palette contains 3 shades: Dim Light (permanent line), Incandescent Light (limited edition) and Radiant Light (permanent line). This is a great way to try the Hourglass powders. It retailed for 67$CAD and was unfortunately limited edition. From what I can tell, this palette is now not available on the Sephora website anymore. However, I believe you can still get it on the Hourglass website. I got mine in store, so you might want to check your local Sephora, although I know these sold out like hot buns.




·         Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder in Diffused

This purchase was sparked by the palette. After trying out the shades in the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette, I knew I had to try more shades. I had been particularly impressed with Dim Light’s pore hiding abilities and its skin-perfecting powers. After doing a bit of research, I opted for Diffused Light as I read it has the same effect as Dim, but with a bit less luminosity. Since my skin is oilier than a fryer, I am not one to go for products that give a luminous finish.  So, I wanted to try out one with a “matte-er” finish, so to speak. Please note, however, that the powders in the palette do not make me look oilier. They simply add a glow.




·         CLEAN Best of Clean Coffret

I had been eyeing the CLEAN fragrances since the early summer. Especially CLEAN Skin, CLEAN Rain and CLEAN Shower Fresh. What stopped me from buying them is that I had no clue which one to get! Talk about first world problems… Anyway, I decided to hold off. And so, several months later, as I was browsing the site during the sale, I came across this coffret that included CLEAN Skin, Clean Rain and CLEAN Warm Cotton. I stopped and thought: “If you don’t buy these right now, Isabelle, you will deeply regret it.” So I listened to myself and put this little coffret in my shopping cart. Because think about it. This was the sweetest deal E-V-E-R! You get 1 oz. of perfume per bottle, 3 bottles that include 2 of the scents I have been wanting to try out. All that for 61$CAD! An individual 1 oz. bottle of a CLEAN perfume is worth 39$. So technically, this coffret is worth 117$ I must warn you though. There are 2 similar kits on the website: the set and the coffret. They are essentially the same, except that the size of the perfumes in the set is smaller (0.5 oz.)



SAMPLES


Since I placed 2 orders during the sale, I stocked up on quite a bit of samples


·         * Hugo Boss BOSS BOTTLED NIGHT sample

·         *CLEAN White Woods perfume sample

·         *Dr. Dennis Gross Skincare Alpha Beta® Daily Face Peel


·         *Honey Marc Jacobs set

·         *Lancôme Énergie De Vie




I also thought I would give you a few recommendations for your future purchases at Sephora


NARS Fast Ride Lipstick: beautiful sheer wine red. Perfect for Fall. 



    Benefit Erase Paste: an absolute saviour when you don’t get enough sleep. With a salmon tint, this concealer will get rid of your dark circles like a charm!



   YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cils Shocking: this mascara isn’t cheap, but if you feel like splurging, you will love it! I give you the thickest longest, fullest lashes ever!


    Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Mate Bronzing Powder: as far as I’m concerned, this is the best dark matte contour/ bronzing powder out there. It is made with real cocoa, so it smells (and taste…) absolutely delicious. A must-have.


     Boyfriend by Kate Walsh: this is my signature scent. I has a warm, spicy, woodsy, vanilla smell and I have gotten SO many compliments on while wearing this fragrance.


    Bare Minerals Well-Rested Eye Brightener: the perfect brightening setting powder to put on top on Benefit Erase Paste. This has been my go-to combo to fight dark circles and tired eyes.

    Benefit Eye Bright: this little crayon will brighten and open up your eyes. Put in your waterline and in the inner corner for a soft and awake look. Can you tell I’m trying to hide the fact that I am sleep-deprived? Also perfect to put on the brow bone for an instant lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment