Thursday, February 20, 2014

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer Review

As you may know, I'm an avid fan of face products. I have this intense desire to get my face to a perfect state. Every product that promises me a flawless-looking face attracts me like a magnet. I own way more foundations and concealers that I need. But that's okay.

When I heard about Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer (through Fleurdeforce's YouTube channel), I went on a crazy hunt to find it. I knew for a fact that they didn't sell it in any stores near me, so I actively searched the Web. I had a lot of trouble though, because very few websites carry it, and most of the ones I found don't ship to Canada. Frustrated, I abandoned my quest.


A few months later, my desire to obtain this supposed miracle product, that was described as pure pigment able to conceal your every flaw using the tiniest amount, resurfaced. After long and hard research, I was finally able to find it on www.strawberrynet.com and promptly ordered it. 

Now that my little story is over, let me enlighten you on this little gem. I paid 54$ (of my own money) for it, but I know you can find different prices depending on the website and on where you live. The little jar contains 0.63 oz, which may sound like an itty bitty amount for the price you pay. I thought that too, but I think the phrase "a little goes a long way" absolutely applies to this product. It will most likely last you as long as your other face product if you use it the right way (which is sparingly). According to their website, it is a " versatile skin-perfecting enhancer used to achieve a youthful, dewy complexion". they also claim that it "provides maximum coverage to hide imperfections, compliment skin tone, and to create a flawless canvas". Sounds promising if you ask me! No wonder everyone is talking about it; it practically promises you perfect skin! They say it is suitable for all skin types, and that application methods vary from fingers to brush to sponge! Amazing! After trying it out, I have to say I agree with most of these claims!





It was very hard for me to pick my shade. I did a lot of research before purchasing and still wasn't too sure while making the transaction. I settled for SX05 based on some pictures that I'd found on Google from differents blogs. I ended up being quite satisfided with the color I got. For reference, if you're around a MAC NC20, the shade SX05 should match you. It has strong yellow undertones which I always like because it helps covers up the redness on my face.



There are many ways to use the Sensual Skin Enhancer. This product if very thick and, as many have said, a little goes a long way. I originally bought it to use as a foundation, even though most of the I've encountered used it as a concealer. What I like to do is to take half a pea-sized amount and mix it with the foundation I plan to use that day. It amps up the coverage by ten and give a natural finish (the claims say that the finish is dewy, but I don't agree). After that, if you still need to, you can go back with a very fine pointed brush and put a little of over the remaining unconcealed spots and then blend with a warm finger. Do not put to much; you will waste a lot! Another way to use it is to mix it with your day cream for a natural and sheered out "tinted moisturizer" effect. I also plan to get a ligher shade, as well as a darker shade, in the next few months to do some highlighting and contouring. I saw a few people mention this technique and I think it looks absolutely beautiful.



 Overall, I think that Kevyn Aucoin's Sensual Skin Enhancer is an amazing and, most of all, versatile product. It is right up my alley, as I quite fond of full coverage products. In my opinion, it lives up to most of its claims (except for the dewy finish and the "more youthful" ones). It's uniqueness makes it worth the $, and I would definitely repurchase it once I run out of it. I recommended to everybody!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your blog, I am really interested in getting hair extensions but am worried about possible risk such as described here Great post and i love it. Interesting post. Please Visit:

    Cheap Human Hair Wigs
    i tip hair extensions
    virgin hair fantasy

    ReplyDelete