Saturday, February 2, 2013

My current skincare routine

As you may know, I have a few problems with acne and oiliness on my face, so I have to work extra hard to make it look flawless. However, if I do not take care of it properly, none of the powders, the foundations and the concealers of this world will help me look better. That is why skincare is important. I thought I'd walk you through what I do daily.

First thing I do when I wake up is wash my face, No, that's a lie. The first thing I do when I wake up is eat (nom nom). Ok, the first this I do skincare wise is washing my face. I use my Clarisonic Mia2 with Olay's Foaming Face Was for Combination/ Oily skin, which is the cleanser I've been using for a while (btw: it's great for deep cleaning your brushes!). I go in circular motions for 1 to 2 minutes, rinse off and pat my skin dry. Once my face is squeaky clean, I reach for my current moisturizer. I don't have a "holy grail" one yet, but I'm trying a few out here and there, hoping I'll find The One soon. I'm currently using Olay's Active Hydrating Cream, and so far I'm quite satisfied with it.I'll post a review on it soon. Then, for eyes, I lightly pat Origins Ginzing eye cream. I like this cream because it has a slight pink tint to it, which makes me look more awake instantly!
In the morning, I don't want to put too many products on my face on a regular basis so I don't break out even more. After my eye cream I put on my makeup and carry on with my day.




When the time comes to prep my skin for the night, I whip out a whole new batch of products. After wetting my face with a washcloth, I grab my Pond's Cold Cream, a.k.a the only thing I have used and will ever use to remove my makeup. This is a product that I purchase over and over again simply because it's removes makeup so well! Then, I reach for my Bioderma Sébium H20 micelle solution and pour a bit of it on a cotton pad. This is great for getting rid of any makeup residue that the Cold Cream might have left behind. When that is done, I take my Clarisonic again, but this time with my Spectro Acne Care cleanser, and deep clean my face the way I do it in the morning. For moisturizer, I put my Eucerin Replenishing face cream with 5% urea (I'll be honest, I don't know what that means) all over my face, and finish off with Clean & Clear's Persa-Gel 5 acne medication as a spot treatment for my acne. When all that is done, I hop into bed and call it a night!

So this is what I do on a regular basis skincare wise. I hope you enjoyed this post and found it helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment