Recently, I've noticed that my hair had been shedding much more than usual. I don't feel particularly stressed out and I haven't started using a different product. So what gives?? I don't know, but I'm sure as hell not gonna sit around and wait while I'm going bald (not really, but it feels like it...)
So, after extensive research online, I stumbled upon info on a supplement called Biotin. Also known as vitamin B7, Biotin helps strengthen nails, grow long and thick hair and clear up skin. A LOT of people were saying that it made their hair grow like weed i.e. quickly and all over. They were also saying that their hair was growing much thicker and stronger. But what really caught my attention is that some were claiming that it greatly reduces fallout and shedding. When I finished reading all the positive feedback from people taking that supplement, I decided that it was worth a try.
I bought mine off of www.iherb.com. Use the code QMH361 to get 10$ off your first order (over 40$).
I actually got two kinds to try out. The first one is Solaray's 5000 mcg Biotin lozenges in tangy fruit flavor. These are chewable and taste like candy! The bottle contains 60 lozenges.The other bottle I got is by Now Foods and it's their 10,000 mcg extra strength Biotin Veg Capsules. There are 120 capsules and they are vegan (not made of gelatin).
* UPDATE: Sorry guys, but I noticed when I went to repurchase these that they have been discontinued :(
I'm currently on day 2 of my Biotin experiment. It apparently takes about two weeks so feel a difference in thickness, and a month or two to see results for length. So far, I've only tried the 5000 mcg fruit lozenges. I'm going to finish these first and then increase my dosage. Doing it gradually, you know?
This is what my hair looks like as of today (without extensions). It's already long-ish, but I wouldn't mind it being even longer. What I'm really hoping for though is that it gets a lot thicker. I also wouldn't mind stronger nails, because I bite mine so they are quite brittle and they have trouble growing.I have high hopes for this.
I will keep you guys updated and let you k now if it really works!
P.S.: I must warn you though that a lot of people mentioned that Biotin made them break out really badly. I am not a doctor in any way, so take this supplement at your own risk. Talk with your doctor first if you have any concerns. Many people advise to drink lots of water while taking Biotin, so definitely don't forget to do that.
Hi Bella - Can you comment on any results you've experienced since you started Biotin? Are you still on it? Did you breakout? Did your hair grew extremely fast?
ReplyDeleteHi, thanks for reading !! :) Yes, I'm still onn Biotin, and I will write an update post very soon with the results I got :)
Delete