It has now been around 6 months since I published my first Hairspiration post. Today, I thought I would share with you my results following my Biotin use.
I first started using Solaray's 5 000 mcg Tangy fruit biotin lozanges. There were 60 lozanges in the bottle. I was usually taking 1 a day, but they tasted so delicious that some days, I would cheat and have 2. They do sell 10 000 mcg Biotin pills so I knew this was safe. I would not recommend at all taking any dosage higher than 100 mcg. Obviously I would make sure to drink extra water on those days. The bottle lasted somewhere between a month and a half and 2 months. I'm a very bad pill popper, so sometimes I would forget and skip a day. Once I was finished with the Solaray bottle, I switched to Now Foods 10,000 mcg Extra Strength Biotin. There are 120 veggie caps in that bottle and I am currently still on it (about halfway).
I'll start with the nail results. As I mentioned it the first post, I'm a nail biter, and I wanted something that would help me grow them out and make them less brittle. After about two months of taking biotin, I started noticing that my nails would grow much faster than they usually would. It also helped a little bit with the brittleness. However, my nail biting habits did not go away, so the results didn't last that long. But it works. If you are consistent with it, and you don't have a major nail biting problem like mine, you should be satisfied. It really make your nails grow stronger and faster. You just have to help yourself a little as well.
Now, as for the hair, the results were definitely more subtle, but definitely real. Maybe I should have measured my hair, before I started all of this, because now I have nothing to compare with. After about two months, I started noticing more length in my hair. Obviously, it was hard to tell because of the fact that my hair was already long. But it just looked longer. I was pleased! That's when I decided to trim about two inches off it. My hair was in a really bad state, so this was the best thing to do. And another two to three months later, I felt like my hair was back to the length it was before I trimmed it!
So, yeah, I don't have any formal results. From the looks of it, though, this product seems to be working quite well! I will definitely keep using it and I recommend it to anyone who would like to grow their hair out quickly. I must warn you, however, to be careful with the dosage. Talk to a health care professional, or slowly build your way up to a higher dose. The best tip I could give you if you decide to start your journey on Biotin, is to be patient. It takes a while to see results. But I can almost guarantee you that you won't be disappointed.
I will probably post another update during the summer. I am thinking about cutting my hair short for the warmer months. I'm still not sure. I'll see how long my hair is by then, and make my decisions accordingly.
So, I hope that this update on my hair growth with Biotin was helpful to you! If you guys have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below :)
Talk to you soon!
PS:I buy my biotin and all my health products on IHerb.com. Use the code QMH361 to get 5$ to 10$ off of your order!
I'll start with the nail results. As I mentioned it the first post, I'm a nail biter, and I wanted something that would help me grow them out and make them less brittle. After about two months of taking biotin, I started noticing that my nails would grow much faster than they usually would. It also helped a little bit with the brittleness. However, my nail biting habits did not go away, so the results didn't last that long. But it works. If you are consistent with it, and you don't have a major nail biting problem like mine, you should be satisfied. It really make your nails grow stronger and faster. You just have to help yourself a little as well.
So, yeah, I don't have any formal results. From the looks of it, though, this product seems to be working quite well! I will definitely keep using it and I recommend it to anyone who would like to grow their hair out quickly. I must warn you, however, to be careful with the dosage. Talk to a health care professional, or slowly build your way up to a higher dose. The best tip I could give you if you decide to start your journey on Biotin, is to be patient. It takes a while to see results. But I can almost guarantee you that you won't be disappointed.
So, I hope that this update on my hair growth with Biotin was helpful to you! If you guys have any questions, feel free to leave a comment below :)
Talk to you soon!
PS:I buy my biotin and all my health products on IHerb.com. Use the code QMH361 to get 5$ to 10$ off of your order!
No comments:
Post a Comment